Sunday, November 25, 2012

A Shadow from the Past



You hurt more than paper cuts and car crashes yet I can't let you go.

You are that garbage bag of memories that I always throw out but sneak back eventually. Countless times.


You are that frayed teddy bear with its stuffing peaking out through odd places, yet always loved and hugged and sung to sleep.


You are the only blanket that can never make me feel warm.


You are the receiver of the letters I never send.


You have the second movie ticket, the couple ring, that perfect pair.


You are a dictionary to the emotions I never understood until I met you.


You are the reason why I can't drive again, because it's different without you there riding shotgun.


You are what made us.


You are.








You were.








Why did you have to go to a place where I can't follow?




I miss you. I always do.

2 comments: